Sunday, August 25, 2013

My DIY Dresser - Before and After

Hello There,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I have been busy working on a recent purchase of a dresser for one of my guest bedrooms. This bedroom is the smallest one of our bedrooms so I wanted to find just the right size dresser for the room.

Here is the before photo of the dresser that I found......

It needed some TLC so I first washed it down, then I sanded lightly.  Then I applied two coats of primer.

Then two coats of paint were applied and here is the AFTER photo.

I painted the knobs with some leftover paint that I used for my coastal painted stairs.

The dresser cost me $40 and I had everything else on hand except for the quart of paint which cost me under $15 so I think this was a reasonable project for $55, don't you?

Again here is a BEFORE photo:


And here is another AFTER photo:

Be sure to check back for my final reveal of my guest bedroom.

Thanks for your visit!

Also linking to:

The DIY'ers />
Elizabeth and Co.


  1. That looks great- really great. It is similar to one that I gave my daughter with the bowed front. I just love it..and the paint job looks great. Can't wait to see the full room reveal! xo Diana

  2. last comment here got an OOOOPS and disappeared! ugh~ Anyway, I said that I LOVE what you did with that bow front dresser. It looks great! xo Diana

  3. Great update! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIYers.

  4. What a great the knobs!!!!!

  5. Love it! I just got a similar one...and am now even more excited to get started working on it. :)

  6. I finally have some free time to catch up on my blogging!

    love the dresser with the green knobs! great job!

  7. I love little cottage dressers and you transformed this one beautifully!

  8. Ohhhh I LOVE IT! Such great details. Love the knobs.

  9. Gorgeous! Now I know I've picked good color for mine. :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...