I recently visited a fabric shop in Beaufort called Tabby. It is filled mostly with fabrics for quilting and crafts a long with other notions for quilting, embroidery and sewing. They also conduct sewing and quilting classes at their shop.
I have seen hoop artwork lately on Pinterest and thought it would be a great idea for one of my guest room walls. Since my color scheme in the room is a light peach, I wanted to add some pops of coral to the wall.
While going through the various fabrics at Tabby, I picked out four different patterns for the hoops. The project was very easy and quick to make, my type of craft! HA!
- Embroidery hoop
- A scrap piece of fabric that is a few inches wider than the hoop
- Elmer's glue (you can also use a hot glue gun)
- Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop. Make sure to pull the fabric so that it is taut.
- Flip the embroidery hoop over so that the wrong side is facing
- Place a small amount of glue all the way around the edge of the inside hoop.
- Press the fabric into the glue.
After glue is dried, your hoop art is ready to hang!
I found some neat printed fabrics that I loved and the colors (especially coral) was what I was looking for!
Now you will have to stop back to see how I will be using them in my home!
Thanks for your visit!