How many of you enjoy going to garage sales, yard sales, etc? Well as you know it can be lots of work and time wasted if you don't plan ahead. Don't you agree?
- Plan a date - decide whether you want to have it inside or outside (weather permitting)
- Grab a box and start in each room of your home and gather items that you have not used in months and add to the collection. Don't forget closets and garage too!
- Advertise your sale via Craigslist, classifieds in your local newspaper, flyers, etc.
- Have the sale starting in the early am when weather is cooler......
- Create a sign announcing your sale....(you may want to check with your local area where you live to make sure they are permitted)
- Have tables set up for arranging items that you will be selling. Also have an area where you can display glass items away from children.
- Have items marked and priced clearly......
- Make sure you have plenty of change for your sale. (You may want to go to your local bank for this, i.e. rolls of quarter, ones, fives, tens and twenty dollar bills)
- After sale, whatever items do not sell, donate to a local charity of your choice. At least that is what my plans are!
Wish me luck!